Health communication is a two-way conversation. Patients and clinicians each must communicate in ways the other can understand. In this workshop, Helen Osborne teaches practical tips that patients, caregivers, and the public can use when talking with health professionals. This presentation works well for a wide range of audiences and settings. It is usually about one hour and often paired with Helen’s presentations for health professionals.
- Why health information can be hard to understand
- What patients and their families need to talk about
- Ways patients can communicate better with health providers
Once you and Helen agree to work together, she will:
- Customize presentations. Helen will ask you to complete a Pre-Program Questionnaire (PPQ) and then schedule a call to discuss it. This way, Helen can adapt her talk to meet the specific needs, goals, and preferences of your audience.
- Provide a master copy of her handout. This is not a collection of slides. Instead, Helen’s handouts are filled with valuable how-to information and resources that participants can use as reference after the presentation ends.
- Introduce you to Jones & Bartlett Learning to discuss discounts when purchasing multiple copies of her book, Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Second Edition.
- Work with you to obtain continuing education credits. This includes providing a timed agenda with teaching formats and behavioral objectives. Helen will also send you her CV.
- Help promote your event. Helen will gladly review your promotional materials and be available for radio and television interviews.