Helen Osborne teaches why creative communication methods (such as pictures, metaphors, and stories) are important and ways to use them in everyday practice. Participants will have opportunities to practice some, or all, of these methods. This energizing, engaging, and educational presentation can be given as part of a longer workshop or stand alone as a single session.
- How pictures, metaphors, and stories help people learn
- Creating your own pictures, metaphors, and stories
- Putting these methods into day-to-day practice
Once you and Helen agree to work together, she will:
- Customize presentations. Helen will ask you to complete a Pre-Program Questionnaire (PPQ) and then schedule a call to discuss it. This way, Helen can adapt her talk to meet the specific needs, goals, and preferences of your audience.
- Provide a master copy of her handout. This is not a collection of slides. Instead, Helen’s handouts are filled with valuable how-to information and resources that participants can use as reference after the presentation ends.
- Discuss discount options when purchasing multiple copies of her book, Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Second Edition.
- Work with you to obtain continuing education credits. This includes providing a timed agenda with teaching formats and behavioral objectives. Helen will also send you her CV.
- Help promote your event. Helen will gladly review your promotional materials and be available for radio and television interviews.
To learn more and schedule a presentation, email Helen Osborne or call 508-653-1199.