Helen Osborne gives an overview about health literacy and shares how-to best practices that your audience can use right away. This presentation works well as a stand-alone keynote (plenary) address or an introduction to workshops that follow. Content is tailored for audiences of all sizes and levels of health literacy savvy.
- Why health information is difficult to understand
- Health literacy definitions and examples
- Factors that affect health understanding
- Best practices to improve health communication
Once you and Helen agree to work together, she will:
- Customize presentations. Helen will ask you to complete a Pre-Program Questionnaire (PPQ) and then schedule a call to discuss it. This way, Helen can adapt her talk to meet the specific needs, goals, and preferences of your audience.
- Provide a master copy of her handout. This is not a collection of slides. Instead, Helen’s handouts are filled with valuable how-to information and resources that participants can use as reference after the presentation ends.
- Discuss discount options when purchasing multiple copies of her book, Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Third Edition.
- Work with you to obtain continuing education credits. This includes providing a timed agenda with teaching formats and behavioral objectives. Helen will also send you her CV.
- Help promote your event. Helen will gladly review your promotional materials and be available for radio and television interviews.