Helen Osborne speaks about health literacy across the U.S. and around the world. This includes:
- Giving opening, closing, and plenary presentations.
- Leading how-to workshops about health literacy strategies.
- Facilitating panel conversations with local health literacy champions.
Helen’s presentations are always energizing, engaging, and filled with stories, examples, and practical how-to information. Audiences leave with the knowledge, tools, and motivation to start making a health literacy difference. Here’s where Helen recently spoke, or will soon.
Helen’s most requested topics include:
Helen works closely with meeting planners to ensure that her presentations meets each group’s goals. Once you and Helen agree to work together, she will:
- Customize presentations. Helen will ask you to complete a Pre-Program Questionnaire (PPQ) and then schedule a call to discuss it. This way, Helen can adapt her talk to meet the specific needs, goals, and preferences of your audience.
- Provide a master copy of her handout. This is not a collection of slides. Instead, Helen’s handouts are filled with valuable how-to information and resources that participants can use as reference after the presentation ends.
- Discuss discount options when purchasing multiple copies of her book, Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Second Edition.
- Work with you to obtain continuing education credits. This includes providing a timed agenda with teaching formats and behavioral objectives. Helen will also send you her CV.
- Help promote your event. Helen will gladly review your promotional materials and be available for radio and television interviews.
Our deepest thanks for helping us to kick off the Pennsylvania Health Literacy Coalition in such wonderful fashion. I also want to add my own personal thanks for the creativity, expertise, and passion you brought to our meeting. We really cannot thank you enough for your support of our work.“
Susan Choi, PhD, CPHQ
Senior Director, Quality Partnerships & Initiatives
Health Care Improvement Foundation, Philadelphia, PA
Want Helen Osborne to speak at your next meeting, conference, or health literacy event? Start making that happen by emailing Helen or calling her at 508-653-1199.